Thursday, June 4, 2009

To a Very special sister.....

Today 4th June 2009 is my sister Paula's Birthday!
She turns 14 today. This time 14 years ago i had a little new sister. Although we fight like all siblings do, she is very special to me!


This post will be all about Paula and i will add photos as i go along......



My sister is a beautiful girl, with long golden hair. She has brown eyes just like me. Paula and i are totally opposite - she likes reading, i don't, she doesn't procrastinate, i am the queen, she is academic, i HATE academics, she is good at hockey, I'm good at other sport.

I know sometimes i don't show Paula alot of love, BUT deep down i truly adore her, how can you not - she is my one and only sister who often makes me laugh and she loves me back.I am SO proud of her - at every opportunity i brag about her. Paula was i Gr 7 last year, at the same school i TA at, and she was the Leopard house captain and that just made me so incredibly proud. When she walked in with her team behind her at the swimming gala i got tears in my eyes! For me that was a huge thing, it was amazing!!! I will ALWAYS be proud of her no matter what. And very protective over her!! She is my "baby" sister!!


Paula is gonna go far in life, she has a heart full of gold. Her heart is purely made of compassion, love, sencerity, and joy. Paula has a personality of her own. She is unique in every way. Hahaha in more ways than others. When Paula is sick, the WHOLE house wakes up (her nick name is Cotchy Paula) ;-) I have never heard anyone cough the way Paula does. She has unigue characteristics that make her the girl and sister she is!!!



Paula has a faith that i have never seen in a 14 year old! She hates racisms and raises her opinions! She believes we are all equal and she portrays that in all she does!
I have such good memories of Paula and I back in our childhood. We played games like teacher teacher, we climbed trees together, we played in the sandpit together, we rode scooters together, we chased chickens together but most of all we loved each other!


I really thought that this post would be easy to write, but in fact it isn't!! Everytime i think of something tears come to my eyes!! I don't know what i'd do if i lost my sister! I want her to know i truly adore her and love her with all my heart! Paula is always there for me and i truly apprecaite it!

Here is a little poem i found and it is dedicated to my best friend - my sister! It sums up exactly how i feel.

I'll always be here through thick and thin
You can come to me, I'll listenI'm your friend, I won't push you away
When you need a hug, my arms are wide open
When you need to talk, I have an open ear
Your growing up and getting older
Know that I'm always here, I'm not going anywhere

Wherever you are, I'm there with you
You’re in my heart and my prayers
Just know I'm here, because I truly care
You’re my sister, you mean so much
Don't want to see you hurt or cry
I'll wipe the tears, I'll get rid of your fears
Want to see you grow up and achieve
Just believe, have faith

You can do anything
You’re beautiful inside and out
You’re smart and very talented
You’re many things, but most all, you’re my sister
I believe in you and know that I'll never stop loving you
Rachel S. Lengefeld



My sister and i love teasing each other! There is alwasy room for jokes in our family!

To end off i want to tell my sister I love her!! Paula i love you with all my heart, and you are the best sister ever!! You are a beautiful girl with loads of potential. You are very special and never forget that!


Last but not least i wanna end off with the BEST picture i have of Paula, it is my favourite and it is too gorgeous i just love it!!!

Hahaha Love you Lals :-)

P.s 2 really cute pics of Paula!!
A very happy birthday to you!!










































































aha

6 comments:

Pamela said...

What a stunning post! Happy Birthday to her!

Andrea said...

What a lovely genuine post, she is very lucky to have such a special sister in her corner.

xxx
A

Lucy said...

Oh how absolutely beautiful! What a perfect tribute to your adorable sister!
I know she will treasure this forever.
(came here via moms blog!) as a sister myself.. so happy I did :))

geoff said...

well done rox

Tamara said...

Lovely post! I feel the same... My brother and I are five years apart and fight like cat and dog, but deep down I love him and would never let anyone hurt him if I could help it.

Happy belated to Paula!

Jeanne said...

That's such a lovely post - and it was a real pleasure to meet you both in Greenwich over the weekend! Hope you are having a ball in Europe :)