Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sport is a wonderful thing...

I love sport.... Well i only love it when i'm fit! I don't really wanna get into it when i am unfit!
For some reason though, when i actually do a sport i thoroughly enjoy it and then wonder why i don't do it more often, and the answer is UNFITNESS!
Sport is a great way of unwinding, socializing, losing unwanted fat, and for making new friends! Sport unites people, it creates an atmosphere, it produces emotions, it changes life!
It encourages spirit in the form of people shouting for others and getting the adrenalin pumping.

I love getting involved and supporting a team, it just makes me feel great!
Now on Saturday it is the Super 14 final - Blue Bulls vs Chiefs, BUT i will be "supporting" the Blou Bulle in my sharks shirt, i have to support a SA team but my spirit won't be very high because the Sharks (the best team) aren't playing. Now this is what sport is about - fans/supporters coming together and supporting their team. Sport also brings out the worst in us - i can't help but get angry and frustrated! I feel SO sad and irritated when the Sharks or Springboks lose! It isn't good for the heart!

I am a big rugby and cricket fan! I love watching sport.
As far as me doing sport, i MTB, swim and am getting into running. I would love to play action cricket!

SO come on everyone get off your bums and support a team, any team...it may be soccer, hockey, rugby or cricket! Lets get the comraderie going!!

No comments: